MOSCOW, October 2 – Novosti. The stress state has an extremely negative effect not only on our general condition, but also on how we sleep: the balance between the phases of fast and slow sleep is disturbed, this was told to the Prime agency by the head of the Somnology Center of the Clinical Diagnostic Center MEDSI on Krasnaya Presnya, a doctor of functional diagnostics Tatyana Surnenkova.
“One of the manifestations of stress is increased episodes of startling when falling asleep, a decrease in memories of dreams, an increase in the threshold for awakening. And in some cases, stress affects the content and intensity of dreams,” she says.
The doctor strongly recommends:
- —control nutrition: only three balanced meals;
- —eliminate a heavy dinner three hours before bedtime and eat more foods such as cheese, spinach and chicken;
- —avoid nicotine and caffeine a few hours before bedtime;
- —get rid of any negative thoughts;
- —take a shower under cool water before going to bed .
If you wake up in the middle of the night, the main thing is not to panic. The somnologist recommends not thinking about time at such moments and driving away any negative thoughts from yourself, and then relax and visualize something good and pleasant.
However, if you understand that nothing helps you, then you should immediately contact a specialist.
“Remember, your psychological and physiological state depends on the quality of sleep,” concluded Surnenkova.
February 12, 04:15Named the most dangerous sleeping position